Build GStreamer for Apple TV / Bitcode

jml5qh jml5qh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 04:13:07 UTC 2017

So adding bitcode actually wasn't too bad. We had to modify a bunch of
compiler flags but were able to get through it.

However, on Apple TV there are some APIs that are not available. For
example, fork and execvp(). I am getting the following error in glib. Any
idea what the best course of action here is? I have seen some other projects
run into this issue but most already define a macro for HAVE_FORK.

gbacktrace.c:240:9: error: 'fork' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
  pid = fork ();
        ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVSimulator10.1.sdk/usr/include/unistd.h:446:8:
note: 'fork' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
pid_t    fork(void) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
         ^
gbacktrace.c:293:9: error: 'fork' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
  pid = fork ();
        ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVSimulator10.1.sdk/usr/include/unistd.h:446:8:
note: 'fork' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
pid_t    fork(void) __WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
         ^
gbacktrace.c:304:7: error: 'execvp' is unavailable: not available on tvOS
      execvp (args[0], args);      /* exec gdb */
      ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/AppleTVSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/AppleTVSimulator10.1.sdk/usr/include/unistd.h:445:6:
note: 'execvp' has been explicitly marked unavailable here
int      execvp(const char * __file, char * const * __argv)
__WATCHOS_PROHIBITED __TVOS_PROHIBITED;
         ^
3 errors generated.