Casting data from v4l2src

Kristoffer Koch kristoffer at huddly.com
Tue Mar 21 10:57:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

We're developing a UVC camera, and as a part of our production test, we set
the camera into a raw mode, where we output the raw bayer image.

Because reasons, we must lie in the USB-descriptors, so we say that we
output a YVYU image, while it is really bayer.

Of course, if I do

  gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! xvimagesink

it "works", but with a green image.

I'm trying to override the format, but I'm not having any luck:

  gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw,format=YVYU,width=3456,height=2592,framerate=5/1 ! videoparse !
video/x-raw,format=rgb,width=3456,height=2592  ! xvimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstSystemClock
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Internal
data flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2948): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)
Execution ended after 0:00:00.001297994
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

I tried turning up the debug level, but there's not any more details coming
from the v4l2src element, as far as i can see. If anyone have some hints,
it's maybe a bit hard to reproduce, but I guess you can try to "cast" data
on any camera.

Best regards,
Kristoffer Koch