Raspberry pi hardware accelerated playback

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 12:59:25 UTC 2017

On 22/03/17 23:35, David Ventura wrote:
> While it does help, it's way, way worse than it should be. Is this
> 'normal'? Is there any way to play back a gstreamer pipeline smoothly
> on a pi? This is 1280x720 at 25. Lowering the source bitrate helps a
> little, but it's not even that high to begin with.

If you actually built gst-omx and gst-plugins-bad correctly, you will
just get smooth playback of 1080p at 30 videos.

Have a look at the caps between omxh264dec and glimagesink if they do
not contain video/x-raw(memory:GLMemory) then the zerocopy path is not
being used.

The other thing to double check is the latency setting (10ms) on
rtpjitterbuffer be be too low for your network.

Cheers
-Matt