Appsrc stuck at flushing step

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Thu Mar 23 10:15:01 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 12:31 -0400, mehdi semsarzadeh wrote:

Hi,

> > Dear All,
> > I am having the following pipeline, which sometimes fails to
> > start.
> > It does not give any specific error, only stuck at flushing of
> > appsrc (i.e. logs are pausing after gst_pad_push() = flushing and
> > pausing task, reason flushing)
> > I have attached the logs for reference. Gstreamer version is 1.2.4-
> > 0ubuntu1.1.
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > appsrc name=videoSrc format=3 stream-type=0 ! video/x-raw,
> > format=(string)UYVY, width=1920, height=1080 ! nvvidconv
> > name=videoConvert ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=I420 !
> > omxh264enc name=h264enc  ! video/x-h264, stream-format=avc !
> > matroskamux streamable=true ! filesink name=videoPath1
> > location=vid_es_fifo_0

Are you adding elements to a running pipeline?
If so, you need to first set their state to PLAYING after adding them,
and only then link them into the pipeline.
>From the log it looks like the element is still in NULL state when it
receives data, which means the pads aren't activated yet, which means
appsrc will get a flushing flow return and will think the pipeline is
shutting down or flushing, and thus silently stop.
Cheers -Tim--