Appsrc stuck at flushing step

mehdi semsarzadeh m.semsar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 18:57:26 UTC 2017

Thanks Tim,
I am not adding elements to a running pipeline.

Actually, I cloud realize the issue. It seems that the order of terminating
the pipeline was not correct and g_main_loop_quit where get called before
EOS being moved through the pipeline and get received by bus.
In other words, I think we should follow these steps, when we want to stop
the pipeline:

   - emit the end-of-stream event and send it to appsrc:
   g_signal_emit_by_name(nameofappsrcelement, "end-of-stream", &ret);
   - wait for bus to send the EOS message (this means that EOS has gone
   through the pipeline), and call g_main_loop_quit upon receiving EOS message
   from bus

Thanks

On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Tim Müller <tim at centricular.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2017-03-21 at 12:31 -0400, mehdi semsarzadeh wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Dear All,
> I am having the following pipeline, which sometimes fails to start.
> It does not give any specific error, only stuck at flushing of appsrc
> (i.e. logs are *pausing after gst_pad_push() = flushing* and  *pausing
> task, reason flushing*)
> I have attached the logs for reference. Gstreamer version is
> 1.2.4-0ubuntu1.1.
> Thanks in advance,
>
> appsrc name=videoSrc format=3 stream-type=0 ! video/x-raw,
> format=(string)UYVY, width=1920, height=1080 ! nvvidconv name=videoConvert
> ! video/x-raw(memory:NVMM), format=I420 ! omxh264enc name=h264enc  !
> video/x-h264, stream-format=avc ! matroskamux streamable=true ! filesink
> name=videoPath1 location=vid_es_fifo_0
>
> Are you adding elements to a running pipeline?
>
> If so, you need to first set their state to PLAYING after adding them, and
> only then link them into the pipeline.
>
> From the log it looks like the element is still in NULL state when it
> receives data, which means the pads aren't activated yet, which means
> appsrc will get a flushing flow return and will think the pipeline is
> shutting down or flushing, and thus silently stop.
>
> Cheers
> -Tim
>
> --
>
> Tim Müller, Centricular Ltd - http://www.centricular.com