Regarding pipeline latency and how to achieve a low-latency pipeline

danny.smith danny.smith at axis.com
Thu Mar 23 20:45:53 UTC 2017

Thank you Nicolas!

Do I need to manage base_time manually for this scenario (one sender,
multiple synchronised receivers) or is it handled automatically? I have seen
some examples were the servers sender pipeline base_time was propagated to
the clients whom applied it to their receiver pipelines.

>From what I read in the documentation the rtpjitterbuffer will use the
timestamp in the first received buffer as the base_time. What would happen
if for instance the sender rebooted and we started up the sender pipeline
with a new base_time? Would probably need to restart the receiver pipelines
again to get the correct base_time?

Regards,
Danny