NetTimeProvider/NetClientClock issue

danny.smith danny.smith at axis.com
Thu Mar 30 09:56:12 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using the NetClock mechanism to synchronize several receivers which
plays streaming audio (over RTP) from one sender. The sender also acts as a
time provider. I am now facing an issue where the sender reboots and
subsequently creates a new time provider.

The receivers notice that the sender has rebooted and creates a new
netclientclock and a new pipeline slaved to this clock. Here however a
problem arises, I cannot seem to get the new netclientclock to understand it
must resynchronize against the new time provider on the sender. This causes
the pipeline to never enter playing state, all the "received timestamps" in
the jitter buffer reports 0 and i get differing base-times on my receivers.
The new time provider starts on the same ip-address and port as before.

How should I correctly handle the scenario where the sender reboots and
creates a new timeprovider in order to get the receivers synchronized again?

Best Regards,
Danny