[glimagesink] Adding new property to glimagesink and access it in wayland platform

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Mar 31 14:40:53 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 31 mars 2017 à 07:13 +0530, Vikas Patil a écrit :
> This surface-id is for wayland-ivi-extension (in-vehicle infotainment
> layer manager) support in glimagesink. I find GstGlWindow is not
> proper element and it seems it is internally invoked by glimagesink.
> I am working with Wayland platform.

Would it be possible to provide some rational to these, slightly empty,
statements. All display sink in GStreamer will display to a "Window"
which is just a holder for a native handle specific to the display
system in place. On X11 this is an XID, on Wayland this is a surface
handle, etc. I also don't see you point about glimagesink using a
GstGLWindow abstraction to display. Why should that mechanism be forked
for cars make no sense to me.

regards,
Nicolas