Frei0r plugin on Android

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon May 1 16:52:30 UTC 2017

Le vendredi 28 avril 2017 à 01:50 -0700, tremalnaik a écrit :
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use inside a Gstreamer receveir pipeline
> "frei0r-filter-lens-correction" parameter but then at runtime I receive the
> message "Unable to build the pipeline: no element". I can see Frei0r plugin
> listed inside GSTREAMER_PLUGINS_EFFECTS but how can I use it on Android?
> Also, can I use the Frei0r parameter above inside a sender pipeline (for
> example together with tcpserversink )?
> thanks

Frei0r is a library less plugin system. It will try and load external
Frei0r plugins, which at the moment are not installed by GStreamer
provided Android Makefiles. What you will have to do, is bundle the
plugins in your application, and set FREI0R_PATH environment to the
location you have installed the plugin.

Note that you'll also have to cross-compile the plugins you need. This
is also not integrated in cerbero at the moment. Frei0r plugins cannot
be statically linked, so this won't work on iOS.