QtGStreamer not producing expected output on streaming from camera

xargon daga_pankaj at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 20:11:18 UTC 2017

I am trying to use QtGStreamer to stream camera frames and render it onto a
QML window. I have a simple Gstreamer pipeline which works fine when the I
use `gst-launch-1.0`

Now I create a corresponding QtGStreamer pipeline as:

So first off, this is really slow. While the original gstreamer command runs
easily at 30 frames/second, this is running at a couple of frames per
second. I also get this output on the console when I set `GST_DEBUG=3`

    0:00:08.661824920 23980      0x2ac6370 WARN          v4l2bufferpool
gstv4l2bufferpool.c:540:gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_set_config:<autovideosrc0-actual-src-v4l:pool:src>
libv4l2 converter detected, disabling CREATE_BUFS
    0:00:08.665945185 23980      0x2ac6370 WARN          v4l2bufferpool
gstv4l2bufferpool.c:748:gst_v4l2_buffer_pool_start:<autovideosrc0-actual-src-v4l:pool:src>
Uncertain or not enough buffers, enabling copy threshold

Another thing I npticed is that the frames that do get rendered, it is
almost that the color scheme is flipped. So, it seems that something along
the line is also flipping the colour channels.