How to use gst-rtsp-server as a proxy?

Jan Schmidt thaytan at noraisin.net
Fri May 12 10:39:23 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 04/05/17 12:01, J wrote:
> Searching the archives, I have found several hits where people have > asked about building an rtsp proxy, but no clear solutions. > > Am I
missing something obvious? I have a mix of cheap commercial IP >
cameras, and the one thing they have in common is that they all speak >
rtsp. I would guess that *someone* would have written a simple proxy >
that sits on the "router" (in my case, a dd-wrt box, but it could >
easily be replaced with a generic linux box) and proxies > connections.
Any pointers please?

In the past, I've used a small app based on the gst-rtsp-server
test-launch.c
code, and adding mount points that do something like

rtspsrc location=rtsp://CAMERA-URI ! rtph264depay ! rtph264pay name=pay0

That avoids re-encoding, and just re-payloads the incoming datastream
and feeds it back out again.

- Jan.