mp4 file repair - UPDATE 1

William Salibrici bsalibrici at latticeinc.com
Wed Nov 8 18:43:16 UTC 2017

I am creating mp4 recordings in a known format.
Below is the discover tool result [short version] for a test recording:

Topology:
  container: Quicktime
    audio: MPEG-4 AAC
    video: H.264 (Constrained Baseline Profile)

Properties:
  Duration: 0:00:48.000000000
  Seekable: yes
  Tags:
      audio codec: MPEG-4 AAC audio
      bitrate: 21346
      language code: en
      datetime: 2017-10-25T15:04:50Z
      container format: ISO MP4/M4A
      video codec: H.264 / AVC
      maximum bitrate: 5222160

The problem is that sometimes I will get a recording that was not finalized so the data is there but the recording is unreadable.
However, the audio and video formats are known.
The question is this: does anyone know of a repair tool that can go over the existing data in the recording file and create the proper moov atom at the end of the file?
Thank you for your help,

--Bill

UPDATE 1 ->

I failed to clarify in my first post that I'm interested to know if anyone in the gstreamer development community has done any kind of mp4 file repair using gstreamer elements or gstreamer source code. I can google for repair tools but that's not what I want.

I need some c/c++ code to do this repair. I can dig into the mp4mux and discoverer source code to see what's going on but that's a pretty big task. I'm thinking if anyone has already done some work in this area I could avoid reinventing the wheel so to speak.

Sorry about that.
Thanks again for any help,

Bill