GstCollectPad non_waiting mode

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 11:10:50 UTC 2017

Hi,

Does GstCollectPad really support pads in non waiting mode? I have developed
a muxer using GstCollect pad and the muxing hangs if one of the pad has no
data. This is happening despite setting the pads in non waiting mode through
gst_collect_pads_set_waiting(pad, data, FALSE)

1. I see the code internally forces waiting inside
gst_collect_pads_default_collected(). Is the correct?
2. Is GstAggregator a better option than using collectpads? Is the reason
why videomixer had issues and compositor written on top of GstAggregator?

~BO