答复: 答复: MPEG MMTP Element

Lijia (George Lee, Euler) george.lee at huawei.com
Wed Nov 15 10:12:54 UTC 2017

Hi Edward,

MMTP is entirely designed from the scratch to supersede existing RTP in many aspects (refer to standard itself for details), in particular its protocol behavior and packet structure is fully distinct from one with RTP. On the other hand MMT container along with signaling message sits on top of MMTP as flexible payload unit to allow MMTP agnostic to concrete media codec and container format. From perspective of implementation it is hard to find any point leveraging RTP element in community.

MY preliminary design idea for MMTP is drawn from active object pattern and FSM pattern in conjunction with high-volume event processor just like water pumping.

George Lee (李佳)