Hardware/GPU decoding of HEVC file on Android.

Vishal Changrani vishal_changrani at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 21:22:37 UTC 2017

Hi,Thanks for your reply. I tried using decodebin and it selects the software decoder avdec_h265 instead of the hardware one.Even if I turn on the debugging to *:7 I still don't see any messages from amc. I noticed that the MX player directly finds the OMX hardware decoder without going through android media framework perhaps.On the device there is the /etc/media_codecs.xml and also files: /etc/media_codecs_google_video.xml and media_codecs_google_audio.xml. Which file is actually being read by AndroidMedia/Gstreamer?Is there a working example somewhere which uses a pipeline with androidmedia?Really appreciate all the help,Vishal