Hardware/GPU decoding of HEVC file on Android.

Michael MacIntosh mmacintosh at linear-systems.com
Mon Nov 13 21:22:12 UTC 2017

Since you are explicitly telling gstreamer to use the software decoder,
(avdec_h265) it will use the software decoder.  You could try using
playbin/decodebin and it might autoplug the correct hardware decoder.
So it might be worth trying to see if you get better results using
playbin.  I don't have specific experience with android gstreamer, so I
don't know what the hardware accelerated decoder would be called.  Also
plugins get loaded on-demand, so that would explain why you don't see it
getting loaded.