Building gstreamer package from github is failing

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Sun Nov 19 08:29:36 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-11-19 at 00:49 -0700, evaluat0r wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm observing a build failure due to the following reason:
>
>   CC       libgstnet_1.5_la-gstntppacket.lo
>   CCLD     libgstnet-1.5.la
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lselinux
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[4]: *** [libgstnet-1.5.la] Error 1
>

> Is selinux even necessary? Is there a way to disable the use of this
> library? If it is required, what is the source package(tar ball) or github
> repository? I can't seem to find much on it.

SELinux is not required by GStreamer and also not used directly by
GStreamer. This must come from some other library on your system that
depends on SELinux and is used by GStreamer, but you don't have the
SELinux development files available.

Also the official GStreamer GIT repositories are here:
https://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/
and mirrored here:
https://github.com/gstreamer

What you're building looks like the incompatible version provided by
Kurento. For any problems with that version, please contact them.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com