Handling branches with different latencies

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 05:00:28 UTC 2017

Thanks you Nicolas for your answer!

Alternatively speaking, can we not have a framework where in each
branch/sink of the pipeline will have its own latency based on its upstream
latency rather than max(all_sink_latency). Can we improvise on existing
mechanism where each branch operate without getting affected by parallel
branches or peer branches?

                                                   ______ queue ! enc1 !
sink1 -------BRANCH1
src ! filter1 ! tee name=split ------/
                                                 \______ queue ! enc2 !
sink2  -------BRANCH2

Lets assume queue sizes are set sufficiently to avoid deadlock. Technically
speaking, why should the presence of BRANCH2 affect BRANCH1's latency?

I assume this is more of design limitation. Kindly correct me if I'm wrong

~BO