Handling branches with different latencies

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Tue Nov 28 08:41:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 22:00 -0700, Baby Octopus wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if you have actually tried my suggestion of using latency
events to distribute different latencies to the different sinks?

> I assume this is more of design limitation.

You can easily achieve what you want by setting sync=false on the
sink(s), then the data will be sent out as soon as possible.

The purpose of the existing mechanism is to maintain correct timing and
synchronisation between branches. Which you can switch off if you're
not interested in that.