Limiting a RTSP recording after X seconds

Tim Müller tim at centricular.com
Wed Nov 29 20:57:23 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-29 at 09:05 +0100, Jesper Taxbøl wrote:

Hi Jesper,

> I would like to stop the recording after 10 seconds so I can
> integrate the command in a Makefile, but cant seem to get my head
> around how.

Theoretically this should do it:

gst_element_send_event (GST_ELEMENT (pipeline), gst_event_new_eos());

+ wait for GST_MESSAGE_EOS on bus.

In practice, I seem to remember that there was an issue in
rtpjitterbuffer where it would sometimes 'eat' the EOS event. I don't
remember if that was fixed or not. Try it :)

Cheers
-Tim