Limiting a RTSP recording after X seconds

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Wed Nov 29 08:05:31 UTC 2017

I am recording two a RTSP camera sources using this command

gst-launch 1.0 -e mpegtsmux ! filesink location=two.ts \
  rtspsrc location=rtsp://root:hest1234@192.168.130.200/axis-media/media.amp
ntp-sync=true protocols=GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANS_TCP ! \
  queue ! capsfilter caps="application/x-rtp,media=video" ! \
  rtph264depay ! mpegtsmux0. \
  rtspsrc location=rtsp://root:hest1234@192.168.130.201/axis-media/media.amp
ntp-sync=true protocols=GST_RTSP_LOWER_TRANS_TCP ! \
  queue ! capsfilter caps="application/x-rtp,media=video" ! \
  rtph264depay ! mpegtsmux0.

I would like to stop the recording after 10 seconds so I can integrate the
command in a Makefile, but cant seem to get my head around how.

I have read that some sources has a num-buffers variable but the rtspsrc
does unfortunately not.

I have tried inserting my pipeline description in the c tutorial (
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/tutorials/basic/hello-world.html),
hoping that would give me more possibilities. But I know too little of the
api yet to achieve my goal.

I am used to FFmpeg, where its exposed as a -t argument.

Any ideas on how to proceed. Preferably by example.

Kind regards

Jesper