Example code for muxing klv (meta/x-klv) with mpegtsmux (plugins-bad) and GStreamer 1.8.3

Jean-Sébastien Bilodeau jsbilodeau at cgq.qc.ca
Tue Oct 3 13:38:34 UTC 2017

Hi,

I continue my attempts to mux KLV metadata (meta/x-klv) with a video stream and save them to a file using the mpegtsmux plugin with GStreamer 1.8.3.

I have started to read the Gstreamer application development manual and I think using callback to pass KLV data is not the right approach. I think that the mpegtsmux element need a meta/x-klv source element for its meta/x-klv sink pad. So, I plan to read the GStreamer plugin writer's guide.

If someone have advice or a short example of code to create a source klv element in order to pass the data to mpegtsmux element for each frame has even my code/application, I am taker.

Thanks!