mxf file created by gstreamer unplayable on VLC

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 13:39:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm creating sample MXF file using gstreamer through the pipeline

gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc is-live=1 ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! x264enc
key-int-max=25 bframes=0 ! mxfmux ! filesink location=/root/out.mxf -e

Unfortunately the generated file is not playable on VLC. I can only see real
running time in the seek bar. Howvever, the content plays fine on ffplay and
gst-launch playbin.

Is this a VLC bug? VLC seems to play other MXF samples that I download from
Web!

~BO