trying to rtsp stream

Jerry Geis jerry.geis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 00:36:16 UTC 2017

I am trying to rtsp stream the video
gst-launch-1.0 ksvideosrc device-index=0 ! decodebin ! videoconvert !
x264enc ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! fakesink

seems to work

then when I try to view with on the same machine I get an error.
gst-launch-1.0.exe rtspsrc location=rtsp://localhost ! decodebin !
videoconvert ! autovideosink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is live and does not need PREROLL ...
Progress: (open) Opening Stream
Progress: (connect) Connecting to rtsp://localhost
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0: Could not
open resource for reading and writing.
Additional debug info:
gstrtspsrc.c(6775): gst_rtspsrc_retrieve_sdp ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstRTSPSrc:rtspsrc0:
Failed to connect. (Generic error)
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Setting pipeline to READY ...
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...