kmssink : Cannot Open /dev/mxc_vpu with Mainline kernel

Chakra D 2chakrass at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:20:07 UTC 2017

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for helping out. I have tried using v4l2videodec but could not
succeed - it is still throwing error.
Can you help me out in using this v4l2codec driver with gstreamer on main
line kernel.

When inserting the CODA driver - i got this error "vpu: loading
/lib/firmware/vpu_fw_imx6q.bin failed with error -22". And i could play the
video - but it is playing very slowly and has an small rectangular frame.
Please see the attached video - captured on the display while playing the
video

I have given the following commands - am i missing something ?
# gst-launch-1.0 uridecodebin uri=file:///root/tears_of_steel_1080p.webm ! \

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 11:30 PM, Carlos Rafael Giani <dv at pseudoterminal.org