udpsrc to tsdemux interaction

jopado jopado1 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 17:20:00 UTC 2017

jopado wrote
> I have a transport stream with 3 PES's:
>   pid 0x11: H.264 video (stream type 27)
>   pid 0x21: metadata in PES (stream type 15)
>   pid 0x81: still image for which I have added support in tsdemux (stream
> type 0x88)
>
> I am only interested in saving off the pid 0x81 data to a file.
>
> My pipeline is simple and looks as follows:
>   udpsrc port=44910 ! tsdemux ! filesink location=mydata.bin
>
> I am using dynamic pad linking for the tsdemux to filesink and am using
> tcpreplay to playback a pcap file to supply data to the pipeline.  I
> expect
> my tsdemux pad-added callback to be called 3 times, once for each of the
> pid's in the transport stream.  However, i only get the callback for the
> video and not the other two pid's.
>
> If I use filesrc instead of udpsrc, I do see the pad-added called 3 times
> as
> expected and I linkup the pipeline when pid is 0x81 and my data is
> collected
> successfully.
> . . .
>
> --

Just wondering if anybody can comment on this behavior. Is this expected and
I am missing something basic or is this unexpected??? I am in process of
setting up a machine with gstreamer 1.10.4 to try it on but I'm not there
yet.

Here's some additional information on the content of the transport stream. I
have verified pid 0x81 is defined in the PMT throughout the stream. However
the pid 0x81 data is sparse and bursty. It first appears in the stream about
5 seconds from the start. There will be a burst of data then many second
without any pid 0x81 data.  This pattern repeats throughout the TS. Does the
nature of this data explain what I am seeing? Any hints or where to look
further will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.