udpsrc to tsdemux interaction

jopado jopado1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 19:29:28 UTC 2017

I have a transport stream with 3 PES's:
  pid 0x11: H.264 video (stream type 27)
  pid 0x21: metadata in PES (stream type 15)
  pid 0x81: still image for which I have added support in tsdemux (stream
type 0x88)

I am only interested in saving off the pid 0x81 data to a file.

My pipeline is simple and looks as follows:
  udpsrc port=44910 ! tsdemux ! filesink location=mydata.bin

I am using dynamic pad linking for the tsdemux to filesink and am using
tcpreplay to playback a pcap file to supply data to the pipeline.  I expect
my tsdemux pad-added callback to be called 3 times, once for each of the
pid's in the transport stream.  However, i only get the callback for the
video and not the other two pid's.

If I use filesrc instead of udpsrc, I do see the pad-added called 3 times as
expected and I linkup the pipeline when pid is 0x81 and my data is collected
successfully.

Am I missing something about how udpsrc works here?  I have tried adding
tsparse into the pipeline before tsdemux and get same behavior.  I have also
verified (via tcpdump) that the tcpreplay is sending the packets containing
the pid 0x21 and pid 0x81 data.

Any suggestions for further testing? This is gstreamer version 1.4.5.  Thank
you.