GStreamer, C++, and MPEGTS

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Sep 12 15:06:04 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 17:12 +0300, Sebastian Dröge wrote:

[…]
> What MPEG-TS "stuff"? The library? The tsdemux element?

Apologies, I am being vague. I am after MPEG-TS packet processing in the bus
event handler so as to get the EIT packages and create the various tables so
as to construct the EPG. So the MPEG-TS API to GstMessage instances.

I have started tinkering with using std::unique_ptr with explicit deleter to
get lightweight RAII using the C API in C++.

[…]
> You can get the pointer to the GstMessage out of that smart pointer
> again and then use the C API to interface with the MPEG-TS library for
> example. Or you create bindings for that as part of gstreamermm.
>
> For other kinds of messages that don't use custom data structures, you
> can use the GstStructure API (which is also bound in gstreamermm).

I got so wrapped up in the Glib::RefPtr itself and forgot the obvious, every
instance has a gobj method so it is easy to get the GstMessage* from the
Glib::RefPtr<Gst::Message>const&. I was being silly.

[…]

> It should be the standard:
>
>   ./autogen.sh
>   (./configure)
>   make
>   make install
>
> While making sure that you have all dependencies installed.

But that is why the instructions are needed:

|> ./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/Built
./autogen.sh: 5: ./autogen.sh: mm-common-prepare: not found

:-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk