GStreamer, C++, and MPEGTS

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Sep 12 14:12:15 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-12 at 14:15 +0100, Russel Winder wrote:

> > Do you mean the MPEG-TS library from gst-plugins-bad? I don't think
> > there are bindings in gstreamermm for that, but they could be added if
> > someone wants. Most of the bindings are autogenerated so that shouldn't
> > be too much work.
> > Same story as for all the other bindings except for the ones generated
> > at runtime (Python, JavaScript, ...).
>
> Very much the MPEG-TS stuff.

What MPEG-TS "stuff"? The library? The tsdemux element?

> In C++ with gstreamermm, it seems impossible to use MPEG-TS at all currently
> because a Glib::RegPtr<Gst::Message> in the bus callback method cannot deliver
> the contained pointer to pass to the C functions.

You can get the pointer to the GstMessage out of that smart pointer
again and then use the C API to interface with the MPEG-TS library for
example. Or you create bindings for that as part of gstreamermm.

For other kinds of messages that don't use custom data structures, you
can use the GstStructure API (which is also bound in gstreamermm).

> The gstreamermm package on Debian Sid appears to have various of the enums
> from the plugin sources available, which makes it seem as though someone has
> started trying to do something, but not really got far enough for usability.
>
> I did try cloning and building the gstreamermm Git repository from GitHub, but
> it seems there is stuff you need to have in place to get past Stage 0, and it
> is Autotools not Meson, and there are very few instructions.

It should be the standard:

  ./autogen.sh
  (./configure)
  make
  make install

While making sure that you have all dependencies installed.

--
Sebastian Dröge, Centricular Ltd · https://www.centricular.com