AUDIOMIXER issue

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Sep 15 10:46:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, 15 Sep 2017 10:43:36 +0100
joao machado <00jmsmachado at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just need the first option (redirect to the file)
>
> I did understand the goal of the pipe, but not how the "autoaudiosink
>  filesrc location=CLIP1.wav" are used together as I am used to see pipes
> with the sink at the end of the pipe. That's why i put it there.

Was my explanation helpful in any way?

> That said, the following pipe should do the same but the result stream
> redireted to the wav file. But playing the file results in an "Stream is no
> RIFF stream: 0x2" error in the wavparse element (gst-launch-1.0 filesrc
> location=output1.wav ! wavparse ! autoaudiosink)
>
> gst-launch-1.0 --gst-debug=*:3 audiomixer name=mix mix. ! filesink
> location=output1.wav  filesrc location=CLIP1.wav ! wavparse ! mix. filesrc
> location=CLIP1.wav ! wavparse ! mix.

You just forgot the wavenc element before filesink, so you are not
actually saving a wav file but raw audio with no headers.

Two side notes:
  - the "mix." string right after "name=mix" is not really needed and
    can be misleading;
  - write branches on different lines (in a wrapper script), this
    way it's easier to understand the pipeline and find problems wit it.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite