GStreamer tests compilation

pchaurasia pchaurasia at gameloreinc.com
Mon Sep 18 06:29:27 UTC 2017

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for helping out.

I think I am still lost. I tried following -

1. ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer$ make
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer$ make check
make: *** No rule to make target 'check'.  Stop.
ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer$ cd tests
ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer/tests$ make check
make: Nothing to be done for 'check'.

2. ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer/tests$ make help
make: *** No rule to make target 'help'.  Stop.

3. When I build entire gstreamer code base - using make , which directory
will examples end up in ? When I search for an executable corresponding to
helloworld - I do not get anything ? Is top level make building examples or
is it just building libs ?

ubuntu at tegra-ubuntu:~/work/Internet/GStreamer/gstreamer$ find . -name
'*hello*.*'
./tests/examples/helloworld/helloworld.c

Please help.

Thanks