Feeding/ retrieving data from/ to a pipeline

Nostalgia akra.hanine at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:44:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

I need to send data continuously to the omxh264 encoder and retrieve the
encoded data buffer by buffer to send them later to another program. By
using appsource and appsink, we should use the g-main-loop and then we can
not access the pipeline from external application/ program. That I need is
to create pipeline and set the properties of the encoder and then t send
data from my main function into my pipeline and retrieve data from encoder
without ending the process of sending data.
1) Is it possible to do this ?
2) can we use appsource and appsink without g-main-loop and without
increasing the latency of the whole program ?

Regards,