Video saved using mp4mux is not playable in android default media player

k4ustav kaustav.ghosh28 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:51:40 UTC 2018

I send video stream using gstreamer using the below pipeline from desktop

    gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! x264enc !
h264parse ! rtph264pay pt=96 ! udpsink host=ip_address port=5000

and then receive and save the stream using the below pipeline on another
desktop

    gst-launch-1.0 -e udpsrc port=5000 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=90000,payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! h264parse !
mp4mux ! filesink location=a.mp4

But when I transfer this saved video to android phone this video is not
playable using default media player. But is playable on other media players
like vlc or mx player. If I decode and re-encode the stream on the receiver
then the saved video is playable on android using default media player. The
modified receiver pipeline is as below

    gst-launch-1.0 -e udpsrc port=5000 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=90000,payload=96 ! rtph264depay ! h264parse !
avdec_h264 ! x264enc ! mp4mux ! filesink location=aa.mp4

I don't wanna do this decode/re-encode thing. So can you tell me why this
weird issue is happening or where do I need to change in the pipelines?