Sporadic stall during seeking on Gstreamer 1.10.4 (Debian 9, Ubuntu 17.10)

Dinesh Iyer dsi.maillist at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:22:45 UTC 2018

Hi Tim,
Thanks for working with me on the IRC chatroom today. I have updated my
code to fix the error you were getting when running it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14imemqvC5bP7xhDsFPbUkHG9SWmSK4Fz

I am going to try to install the -dbg libraries and see if I can get the
debug symbols. This is a sporadic issue and it is kind hard to to reproduce
it with this standalone but it happens in our app quite regularly.

Also, the post
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2018-April/067631.html
shows a behaviour on Gstreamer 1.10.4 that was not the case on older
Gstreamer version. When using gst-launch:
i. It does not shutdown pipeline when all frames have been read. (Debian 8,
it used to)
ii. If I hit Ctrl+C to terminate, it stalls when pipeline transitions from
PLAYING->PAUSED. (we have observed this numerous times in our code with
audio and video files when we try to shutdown pipeline). Hence, we thought
this might be related.

Thanks again.

Dinesh