Pause and resume live video with latest frames without affecting the sink

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Aug 10 14:41:14 UTC 2018

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018 09:31:11 -0500 (CDT)
vk_gst <venkateshkuppan26 at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, is it possible to pause a specific element like 'v4l2src' instead of the
> whole pipeline?
> I tried putting a  'valve' element after  'queue' and set the property 'drop
> = true' with a timeout.
> But I did not see any video from the start itself.
>
> How would I pause the video in this case, and still allow effects from
> gltransformation be applied on the paused frame after the video pause?

Maybe something with the imagefreeze element?

You could change the pipeline when the pause event comes and replay the
last buffer over and over using imagefreeze, with the downstream
pipeline (in particular gltransform) staying the same, just the
"source" would change.

I've never done it so I am afraid I cannot be more specific, sorry.

Ciao,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite