Help with gstreamer-vaapi + rockchip vpu vaapi driver

Ezequiel Garcia ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Thu Aug 16 23:15:57 UTC 2018

On 16 August 2018 at 06:22, Víctor Jáquez <vjaquez at igalia.com> wrote:
> Ezequiel,
>
> As v4l2 driver is not in the whitelist of VA driver backends you should disable
> the backend test, setting the environment variable
>
> $ export GST_VAAPI_ALL_DRIVERS=1
>
> For more info you can glance this post:
>
> https://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2018/03/28/gstreamer-va-api-troubleshooting/

Hey Victor,

The above didn't work, but tracing with some debugging levels I found this:

0:00:00.060866458  1435     0x22788600 ERROR                default
gstvaapi.c:254:plugin_init: Cannot create a VA display

Which seems to be the reason why is not working. So I guess the next
step is look at my backend
and libva and see why it refuses to create the display.

Two things I am wondering are:
* Is there any "easy" way to build and use the master branch? I'm
using Buildroot to generate
this rootfs. AFAICS, I will have to build gstreamer (and all the
plugins to use master too), and there
is no way to use 1.14.2 for everything and master branch for vaapi.

* Any easy way to turn on libva messages?

Thanks,
--
Ezequiel García, VanguardiaSur
www.vanguardiasur.com.ar