Help with gstreamer-vaapi + rockchip vpu vaapi driver

Víctor Jáquez vjaquez at igalia.com
Fri Aug 17 09:04:03 UTC 2018

On Thu, 16 Aug 2018 at 20:15, Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> On 16 August 2018 at 06:22, Víctor Jáquez <vjaquez at igalia.com> wrote:
> > Ezequiel,
> >
> > As v4l2 driver is not in the whitelist of VA driver backends you should disable
> > the backend test, setting the environment variable
> >
> > $ export GST_VAAPI_ALL_DRIVERS=1
> >
> > For more info you can glance this post:
> >
> > https://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2018/03/28/gstreamer-va-api-troubleshooting/
> >

> Hey Victor,
>
> The above didn't work, but tracing with some debugging levels I found this:
>
> 0:00:00.060866458  1435     0x22788600 ERROR                default
> gstvaapi.c:254:plugin_init: Cannot create a VA display
>
> Which seems to be the reason why is not working. So I guess the next
> step is look at my backend
> and libva and see why it refuses to create the display.

What's your pipeline?

> Two things I am wondering are:
> * Is there any "easy" way to build and use the master branch? I'm
> using Buildroot to generate
> this rootfs. AFAICS, I will have to build gstreamer (and all the
> plugins to use master too), and there
> is no way to use 1.14.2 for everything and master branch for vaapi.

I guess there are two options: 1) compile all gstreamer in the board, using
gst-build[1] or gst-uninstalled (I used to do that in different boards) or tell
buildroot to use a local git clone [2].

1. https://blogs.igalia.com/vjaquez/2018/04/17/how-to-setup-a-gst-build-environment-with-intels-va-api-stack/
2. https://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_using_buildroot_during_development

> * Any easy way to turn on libva messages?

exporting the variable LIBVA_TRACE=/path/to/trace_file_template