gst-build 1.14 on Ubuntu 16.04 isn't working for me

David Ing ding at panopto.com
Tue Aug 21 21:52:38 UTC 2018

Alright I got past the prior error with help from Mathieu by adding these
steps ...

cp subprojects/glib/subprojects/libffi.wrap subprojects

... and some additional steps ...

cp subprojects/glib/subprojects/zlib.wrap subprojects
sudo apt install --yes libmount-dev libselinux-dev

... but my build is still screwed.  Here is a truncated version of my
console output.

ding at ding-linux-01:~/github/gstreamer/gst-build$ *meson build && ninja -C
build/*
The Meson build system
Version: 0.47.1
Source dir: /home/ding/github/gstreamer/gst-build
Build dir: /home/ding/github/gstreamer/gst-build/build
Build type: native build
Project name: All GStreamer modules
Project version: 1.14.2
Native C compiler: cc (gcc 7.3.0 "cc (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3) 7.3.0")
Build machine cpu family: x86_64
Build machine cpu: x86_64
Found pkg-config: /usr/bin/pkg-config (0.29.1)
Dependency libavfilter found: NO
Message: WARNING: gst-libav not built as ffmpeg >= n3.1.2 not found on the
system
Dependency libva found: NO
Message: WARNING: not building gstreamer-vaapi module, missing libva
Dependency json-glib-1.0 found: NO
Message: WARNING: not building gst-devtools module, missing glib-json-1.0
Dependency libxml-2.0 found: NO
Message: WARNING: not building gst-editing-services module, missing
libxml-2.0
Compiler for language cs not found.
Message: WARNING: Not building gstreamer-sharp as no CS compiler found.
Message: Building subprojects: gstreamer, gst-plugins-base,
gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-ugly, gst-plugins-bad, gst-rtsp-server

|Executing subproject gstreamer
|
|Project name: gstreamer
|Project version: 1.14.2
|Native C compiler: cc (gcc 7.3.0 "cc (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3) 7.3.0")

# ----------------------------------------------

# Truncated a bunch of console output here

# ----------------------------------------------

|Dependency glib-2.0 from subproject subprojects/glib found: YES
|Dependency gobject-2.0 from subproject subprojects/glib found: YES (cached)
|Dependency gmodule-2.0 from subproject subprojects/glib found: YES (cached)
|Dependency gio-2.0 from subproject subprojects/glib found: YES (cached)
|Dependency gio-unix-2.0 from subproject subprojects/glib found: YES
(cached)
|Library m found: YES
|Library rt found: YES
|Program g-ir-scanner found: NO
|Program glib-mkenums found: NO

subprojects/gstreamer/meson.build:421:0: ERROR:  Program(s)
['glib-mkenums'] not found or not executable

Any idea how to get past this one?  (I have never used Meson before.)