GStreamer audio encoding to AAC from pcm_ulaw in RTSP to HLS stream

George Andguladze gandguladze at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:38:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am not exactly sure if this type of question falls under this particular mailing list since it’s not directly related to development with GStreamer but rather using the command line tools. I apologize if I am wrong.
I have a RTSP stream that I am re-streaming to HLS using GStreamer’s gst-launch like so:

gst-launch-1.0 -v -e rtspsrc protocols=tcp location=rtsp://admin:1234@192.168.1.20:554/Streaming/channels/101  ! queue ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! mpegtsmux  ! hlssink location="D:\\wamp\\www\\stream\\%06d.ts" playlist-location="D:\\wamp\\www\\stream\\play.m3u8" target-duration=5

The RTSP stream has video encoded with H.264 and raw audio (pcm_ulaw). My goal is to encode the audio into AAC so that the HLS supports it. What would be the correct sequence to place “! audioconvert ! voaacenc” commands into the pipeline to accomplish this goal?

Thank you for help.

Kind regards
George A.