Video stream delay - Urgent

Itk itzhak.edrei at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:52:01 UTC 2018

Hi All,

I'm using GStreamer 1.8.3 for streaming video from Hikvision IP camera
through RTSP.
My pipe is as follows:
"rtspsrc location=%s protocols=%s user-agent=%s ! rtph264depay ! avdec_h264
! videoscale ! videorate drop-only=1 ! video/x-raw,framerate=%d/1 !
videoconvert ! appsink name=%s"

** %s - initialized with relevant strings...

I've noticed that there is a delay of ~1 seconds per 24 hours (I compared
the GStreamer's video to the live video of the camera web page), after few
days, the delay is quite significant.

Can you please advise how to overcome this issue. (ntp-sync? or something
else)

I've tried to pull video from another camera (Axis), and it works well with
quite constant delay (~2-3 seconds) for 10 days.

Thanks in advance,
Itk