How to handle pixel format synonyms ("YUYV" is also known as "YUY2")?

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Aug 31 15:14:20 UTC 2018

Le vendredi 31 août 2018 à 03:00 +0000, Matthew Thyer a écrit :
> Thanks Nicolas,
>
> In experimenting with the command line "gst-device-monitor-1.0", I'm
> wondering how to get it to report on the FLIR (previously Point Grey
> Research) Blackfly S BFS-U3-13Y3C industrial camera that I need to
> work with.
> This is not a V4L2 device and the GStreamer source element I use for
> it is "aravissrc" from the "aravis" plugin that I've built for git
> master from Project Aravis (https://github.com/AravisProject/aravis).
> This camera is a "genicam" camera and would typically be addressed by
> name:
> aravissrc name=PointGrey-0115138B ! capsfilter...
> However, if it's

The aravis plugin should implement a GstDeviceProvider and register it.
Then it will work automatically (including in app like Cheese). The
provider is a feature one can provide in a GStreamer plugin, just like
GstElement or GstTypeFinder, etc.

> I've tried the following:
> $ gst-device-monitor-1.0 --gst-plugin-path=/usr/local/aravis-
> 0.5/lib/gstreamer-1.0 --gst-plugin-load=aravis Video/Source:video/x-
> raw --follow
>
> And then plugging in the USB 3 camera device but nothing appears...
> For that matter, I cannot even get the "Logitech HD Webcam C270" V4L2
> camera to be reported on via this hot plugging method.
> (The Logitech camera will be reported on if it's connected when I run
> gst-device-monitor-1.0).

By setting the plugin path, you probably lost the V4L2 plugin, at least
this is my guess. Try and setup a both path, with a : in between.

> Do I need to do something with udev for this?
>
> I currently have a file "/etc/udev/rules.d/aravis.rules" with
> content:
> # Point Grey Research
> SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="1e10", MODE:="0666",
> TAG+="uaccess", TAG+="udev-acl"

No, this rule is strictly to give normal user read/write access (on
local login I believe).