"broken/invalid nal" with h264parse after v4l2h264enc on i.MX6

Maurer, Marie marie.maurer at zeiss.com
Wed Dec 12 17:12:37 UTC 2018

Hello,

environment is GStreamer 1.14.2 on Linux with i.MX6 (most of it latest mainlined versions)

I see a lot messages like the following:

WARN   h264parse gsth264parse.c:1237:gst_h264_parse_handle_frame:<RecorderH264Parser> broken/invalid nal Type: 1 Slice, Size: 81703 will be dropped

Size is changing, but always around between 50000 and 80000.

I think the relevant part of my pipeline is a v4l2h264enc and after some queues and tees a h264parse.

Is it correct that somehow the parser does not understand the data which the v4l2h264enc is generating?
Or the data which the encoder is generating gets sometimes somehow corrupted till it is received by h264parse?

Any idea how it can be solved?

Best regards,

Marie