gst-rtsp-server, appsrc/appsink and tee

Eloi Bail eloi.bail at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:02:27 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

I am using gst-rtsp-server with appsrc/appsink so that I can have an
independent running pipeline:

   - my "appsink" pipeline is : videotestsrc ! queue ! x264enc
   speed-preset=ultrafast tune=zerolatency ! appsink.

   - my "RTSP" pipeline is : appsrc caps=video/x-h264, .... ! rtph264pay
   name=pay0

I am writing appsink buffer timestamps by hand based on the framerate.

Now I want to have a tee so that videos are serialized in a mkv file while
streaming over RTSP.

I can't have 2 tee branches working together. If the serialization is
enabled I notice that my
rtph264pay handle buffer is not smoothy running.  I know that is it better
to disable async when using tee. I did that for appsink and filesink.

I can also have the whole pipeline working without appsrc/appsink with
everything done in gst-rtsp-server pipeline. But then the lifecycle of
serialization will follow RTSP client connection. That is the reason why I
choose appsrc/appsink.

Is my issue due to async management in gst-rtsp-server  ?

Thanks,

Eloi