AW: Me TV, playbin, and MPEG streams

Bernhard Graaf bernhard.graaf at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 14:22:18 UTC 2018

Hi Russel,

If you want to implement something like time shift, MP4 isn't a nice idea
for that, because MP4 is written the timing information at last (while
closing it). Therefore it's not possible to write and read a mp4-file in the
same time.
I'm using mp2ts for that, because the timestamps are written in the stream.
Therefore it's possible to jump forward/backward in the stream, while
recoding it.

Regards
Bernhard