tsparse SI/PSI sections updates

Alexander Yanin sashayanin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 08:19:13 UTC 2018

Hi!

I am using tsparse to obtain MPEG-TS stream structure.

I was advised to do TS structure parsing via SI/PSI messages emitted
from tsparse element. But I’ve faced the problem which occurs when TS
structure changes without stream interruption (when EOS is not sent).
It seems that tsparse does not send SI/PSI sections when they were
already dumped before. When the new stream appears, I don’t receive
any SI/PSI sections if this stream was already met. So, I am not able
to obtain the current TS structure (list of actual programs and PIDs).

The strangest thing is that even if the PAT changed (and such PAT was
met before), there is no message from tsparse. IMO, when the PAT has
changed (compared to previous one), the PAT message should appear.

Is this a bug? If not, how could I obtain actual stream structure?