MPEG-4 files and sound

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue Dec 25 20:17:51 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-12-25 at 18:30 +0100, Tim-Philipp Müller wrote:
> […]
>
> There is also a plugin for fdk-aac in gst-plugins-bad, but it looks
> like it's not shipped by the debian packages at the moment.

It does seem like the faac and fdk-aac plugins are documented in the Debian
Bad plugins packages, just not actually present. A tad frustrating I have to
admit to be able to read about things that aren't actually there.

But for the moment x264enc and avenc_ac3 are doing the job for me, so I am not
blocked in any way.

> Since this is a request pad you may have to create it (request it) in
> your application explicitly.

I saw the word "raw" and assumed it wasn't relevant. I guess I am just showing
my lack of knowledge of the pad system!

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200