ATSC, dvbsrc, and dvbv5-scan

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Thu Dec 27 17:12:01 UTC 2018

I am in a DVB-T /  DVB-T2 area and cannot experiment with ATSC. A person
trying to use GStreamer in ATSC land is having huge difficulties creating a
channel file from the ATSC frequency files in the Debian dtv-scan-tables
package in the /usr/share/dvb/atsc directory.

I am unable to constructively help this person, I am just blundering:

https://github.com/Me-TV/Me-TV/issues/31

Is there anyone out there in ATSC land that has been able to run something
such as:

   gst-launch-1.0 dvbsrc uri=dab://WUPW%20TV

and can give advice to this person on how to get a suitable channels file?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200