Optimized surface sharing between gstreamer(-vaapi) and a openGL-application on INTEL ATOM GPUs?

Sebastian Stelmasik s.stelmasik at it-websolutions.com
Mon Feb 5 12:39:45 UTC 2018

Hi there!

We are developing a Digital Signage application on basis of
gstreamer(-vaapi) and info-beamer (https://info-beamer.com/opensource).
Until now we were using (cheap) AMD devices where we use glx-pixmaps for
surface sharing between gstreamer and info-beamer which works quite
perfect (no mem copy at all).

Now we have to switch to INTEL devices as there are no cheap (and
compatible with the former open souce driver) AMD devices and now we are
expiriencing framedrop issues in surface sharing between
gstreamer(-vaapi) and info-beamer on INTEL ATOM Z8300 devices (which
should be a lot faster than the AMD E-350 we have been using before). As
I said before we use glx-pixmaps for surface sharing which works perfect
on AMD-GPUs. But now there seems to be a lot of in mem copy which couses
a lot of framedrops.

Is there a optimized way/pipeline for INTEL ATOM GPUs?

Or any other issue we didn't think about while switching from AMD to
INTEL GPUs?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Sebastian Stelmasik

--

IT- & Websolutions Stelmasik
Dipl. Informatiker

Naatlandstr. 2
45143 Essen

Phone:  +49-201-6177151
Fax:    +49-201-6177152
Mobile: +49-172-2415963

---

Die Information in dieser e-mail ist vertraulich und exklusiv fuer den Adressatenkreis bestimmt. Weiterleitung oder Kopieren, auch auszugsweise, darf nur mit ausdruecklicher Einwilligung von IT- & Websolutions Stelmasik erfolgen. In jedem Fall ist sicherzustellen, dass keinerlei inhaltliche Veraenderungen erfolgen. IT- & Websolutions Stelmasik uebernimmt keine Haftung fuer die Richtigkeit der Information in dieser e-mail noch fuer Handlungen, die auf ihrer Grundlage erfolgen.

The information provided in this e-mail is confidential and is for the sole use of the recipient. It may not be disclosed, copied or distributed in any form without the obtained permission of IT- & Websolutions Stelmasik and to the extent that it is passed on care must be taken to ensure that this is in a form which accurately reflects the information presented here. No responsibility can be accepted by  IT- & Websolutions Stelmasik for the correctness of the information provided in this e-mail nor for any action on its basis.