DirectFB and Gstreamer at same time

Mohammad, Jamal M MohammadJamal.Mohiuddin at ncr.com
Thu Feb 15 05:53:30 UTC 2018

Hi Guys,

We had an application using DirectFB which divides the screen into four panels. Attached Image. Big panel (Left side ) is updated every second with text, the other three panels ( Right Side ) has static images.

We are planning to play video on the panels where images are displayed.. Idea is used to gstreamer-imx plugins.

gst-launch-1.0 playbin uri=file:///Images/hash.mp4 video-sink="imxipuvideosink window-height=240 window-width=360 window-y-coord=0 window-x-coord=684" flags=0x57

When we play the video using the above command, we are facing problem : the text panel in the big panel will be updated every second which is flickering the video. I believe this is due to fact that DirectFB is updating framebuffer while trying to write text. Is there any way to avoid this flickering and allow both DirectFB and gstreamer to work in parallel.

Thanks for all your help.

Mohammad Jamal Mohiuddin
Software Engineer, Retail Hosp/HW
NCR Corporation India Pvt Ltd.