Decode H264 stream with Gstreamer [windows]

Gary Gilbreath noscgag at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 16:10:26 UTC 2018

 I wasn't able to get your pipeline to work on a Windows system as-is. However, the following modified pipeline worked for me:
gst-launch-1.0.exe -v udpsrc port=5008 ! application/x-rtp, payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer ! rtph264depay ! video/x-h264,stream-format=(string)byte-stream,alignment=(string)nal ! h264parseĀ ! avdec_h264 ! textoverlay text="192.168.120.2" ! fpsdisplaysink sync=false text-overlay=false

I added the stream format description and the h264parse elementĀ . Your format description may be different than mine so if the one above doesn't work you may have to tweak that.
Gary